Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Unit 6 Learning Activity...

  1. Practice the universal Loving Kindness (meditation) exercise on p. 93.
"May all individuals gain freedom from suffering.
May all individuals find sustained health, happiness, and wholeness.
May I assist all individuals in gaining freedom from suffering.
May I assist all individuals in finding health, happiness, and wholeness."

These are good words and the exercise did not change me or alter my goals and purpose, but these concepts to align with my life and profession.
  1. Complete the Integral Assessment discussed in chapter 11 (p.115).
For this exercise with a stillness of mind I ask, “What aspect of my life—psychospiritual, biological, interpersonal, or worldly—is the source of difficulty and suffering?”  My answer for this question is worldly and it deals with getting through school.  The amount of time that these classes take up is amazing.  I can use this time in the future to further my business or even expand spiritually.

"What line of development is most essential for me at this time?"
Self-regulation of spirit, mind, and body as these suffer due to the time taken for classes.  Granted this degree will allow for a higher potential in the future.

"What is my current level of development and what can I aim for?"
Luckily I am only 2 classes away from getting my degree.  That does not include the last 3 weeks of the current term, but I am looking forward in time.

“What area of my life is ready for growth and development? "
My worldly status as I get my degree will get a notch better.  I have a certification in nutrition and will soon have a degree.  I have a practice with the best clients in Austin, TX and I will be that much better at helping people through nutrition.

Is it the same area that also needs healing or is it another area?
It is the same area that I am focusing on currently.
  1. Describe the exercise and assessment process. What did you discover about yourself? What area have you chosen to be a focus of growth and development? Why? What are some specific exercises or activities that you can implement to foster greater wellness in this area?
The assessment is answering questions from a calm introspective point of view.  I discovered that I am working towards a better future in the worldly plane of exisence.  I chose this area years ago when my goals were thwarted by debt.  I learned that I needed to help others on a larger scale so I could get out of debt and have a better life.

I think time management and a constant focus on my goals and purpose with regards to finishing my degree will serve.

1 comment:

  1. Joseph,
    I truly enjoyed reading your post. You are right the amount of time that the classes take is amazing. I too did not think it was going to take this much time each week. There is light at the end of the tunnel. We are almost there to graduation and earning our degrees. It is wonderful that you already know this degree will help you to help your clients in the future. That is great. What do you do for a living? With your degree will your profession change? Do you currently do a time journal for class, work, self, and others? I was just curious. This is something that I intend to start doing as I am having a hard time juggling work, school, gym, family, and everything.
    What are you doing in order to meet your needs in the areas that need improvement? Have you come up with solutions? Good luck and talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete